We promise, you won’t melt!
Disney World in the summer. When I say those words what is the first thing you think of? Heat, humidity, sweat, the scorching sun, am I right? What if I told you that you were thinking about Disney in the summer all wrong? When I think of summer at Disney World I think low crowds, not missing school and a chance to save some money. I know people have a fear of the heat when traveling to Disney World in the summer, but I have some reasons that might cure that fear of Florida summers permanently.
Reason Number 1 Smaller Crowds:
There are so many reasons to travel to Disney World in the summer, but the most important of these is that there is a significantly lower crowd. Most people are afraid of Disney World in two situations- the heat and the rain. This is what makes it the perfect time to go. You can walk through the park without having to bump into people. Go shopping or get food without having to push through crowded stores. You can even sit with your family to watch a show or a parade without people sitting on top of you. Most importantly though you can go from attraction to attraction with little to no wait! Just think you can go on your favorite attractions over and over again with little to no wait! Not having to spend hours in lines also means that you have the time and the freedom to truly enjoy all of the amenities that Disney World has to offer. This allows you to come and go between your resort and the parks so you get a better chance to enjoy both. You can do an early morning in the park, head back to your resort for an afternoon dip or nap and then head back to the park in the evenings. You are truly able to go with the flow and live your best life.
Reason Number 2, School and Cost:
The second major reason to travel to Disney World in the summer is to not miss school. There are many parents that take their children out of school during the school year for a trip, you are my people. However, there are many people who can not take their children out of school. Perhaps your child is older and is not in a grade where they can easily miss a lot of school work. A member of the family might be a teacher and is unable to miss work to spend time on a vacation. For these families there is only one option, to go when school is off. The problem with going to Disney World or really any travel destination when school is not in session is that is when everyone goes. This means crowds and usually a higher total trip cost. However, summer in Disney World does not follow this rule. Since people are afraid of the heat in Florida this is the perfect time to travel for the folks that can not miss school. The crowds are light, and the prices are typically lower. It is a win-win situation. You get to go to Disney World for less money and do not have to deal with the crowds that are typically there for spring or winter break. Yes, it is hot, but what is a little heat when you get to have a better-quality vacation for less money?
Reason Number 3, The Heat:
So, let’s talk about the heat. Yes, it is hot in Florida and it is humid, but where is it not? Most of the US deals with either extreme heat, humidity or both during the summer months. The question is where do you want to deal with that heat? Do you want to be sitting on a field watching your kid play soccer or baseball or watching a Disney World parade? Do you want to be in an air-conditioned office or in an air-conditioned attraction? A hot and humid day at Disney World beats a day anywhere else. At least at Disney World there are Mickey ice cream bars!
So, let’s overcome that fear of Florida summer together. Yes, you will be hot, but that wont change if you stay home. At least if you go to Disney World you and your family get to make amazing, magical memories with low crowds while you get to save some money. So, no more fear instead lets say Disney World this summer for sure!
Tips for beating the summer heat in Disney World
No More Fear!
• Get to parks at opening, take a mid afternoon break and then return to the parks at night.
• Take advantage of your resort pool!
• Upgrade to a water park ticket! There are two water parks with so much to do!
• Take water misters that you can carry with you.
• Use hand held fans that are battery powered or that you can charge the night before! Amazon has some great options.
• Use cooling rags! The Frogg Togg cooling towels on Amazon are awesome.
• Order FREE ice water at any quick service locations.
• Use those snack credits for Ice Cream or Frozen Drinks.
• Take advantage of indoor waiting and lounging areas with air conditioning.
• Ride water rides like Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids.
• Be sure to stay hydrated and take breaks from the sun.
• Escape to a bathroom or a store for a blast of air conditioning.
• Make afternoon full service dining plans to sit inside and escape the heat in the worst part of the day.
• Run through the park in the afternoon rain storms. The park will empty out even more and the rain will cool you down.
• Make sure you use plenty of water proof sunscreen and reapply often. The summer sun can be brutal to your skin if you do not protect it.